Paint work at the Brickell Avenue Bridge is complete.
- The nightly waterway restrictions along the Miami River at the Brickell Avenue Bridge have been lifted and regular bridge operations have resumed.
- The recently installed pedestrian traffic gates are scheduled to be activated soon.
- Crews continue working on punch list items.
- During these punch list work activities, it will be necessary to close the southbound or northbound side of the Brickell Avenue Bridge and detour vehicular traffic.
What to Expect - Roadway Closure and Pedestrian Access
Vehicles traveling along southbound SE 2 Avenue and heading toward the Brickell Avenue Bridge will be detoured to the Miami Avenue Bridge.
This southbound vehicular detour can be in effect from 8 p.m. until 8 a.m.
Click here for a map of the southbound vehicular detour route.
- Vehicles traveling along northbound Brickell Avenue and heading toward the Brickell Avenue Bridge will be detoured to the Miami Avenue Bridge.
- This northbound vehicular detour can be in effect from 8 p.m. until 8 a.m.
Click here for a map of the northbound vehicular detour route.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times along the Brickell Avenue Bridge.
Please note that this schedule may change due to bad weather
or other unexpected conditions.
Please click here for the project webpage. On the project webpage, you will find the scope of work, fact sheet and other project documents.
For additional information, please feel free to contact Community Outreach Specialist Sergies Duarte at (305) 216-3617 or email him at Sergies.Duarte@dot.state.fl.us.