news > article
Brickell Avenue Bridge Rehab Project Update
Apr 03, 2020
- Crews continue working on the northbound side of the Brickell Avenue Bridge.
- The schedule for this work includes a nightly vehicular detour from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
What to Expect - Roadway Closure and Pedestrian Access
- Vehicles traveling northbound along Brickell Avenue heading toward the Brickell Avenue Bridge will be detoured to the Miami Avenue Bridge.
- This northbound vehicular detour can be in effect from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Click here for a map of the vehicular detour route.
- Access along the southbound side of the Brickell Avenue Bridge will remain open.
- Pedestrians wishing to travel along the Brickell Avenue Bridge must use the southbound side of the bridge.
What to Expect - Miami River Restriction (Remains The Same)
- Single leaf openings during the work hours of 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- 4-hour advanced notice for a full opening during the time frame of 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Construction equipment may be located beneath the non-opening span during work hours.
- Vessels able to pass without an opening beneath the non-obstructed span may do so at any time.
Please note that this schedule may change due to bad weather or other unexpected conditions.
Please click here for the project webpage. On the project webpage, you will find the scope of work, fact sheet and other project documents. For additional information, please feel free to contact Community Outreach Specialist Sergies Duarte at (305) 216-3617 or email him at Sergies.Duarte@dot.state.fl.us.